'Better with Oat Bran' 14-Day Challenge
The idea is simple: Oat Bran is a tried and true wholesome ingredient with a long history of scientific research. Plus it’s delicious, affordable, and it’s easy to add to your diet.
But even when people realize how great it is, many still ask us, “How do I get started? How can I stick with it?”
We suggest you try eating at least one serving of Hodgson Mill Oat Bran Hot Cereal per day for 14 days.
- We’ve gathered some of our favorite recipes and handy tips in a FREE ebook.
- Plus, when you sign up, you'll receive a printable coupon good for $1.50 off 2 boxes of our Oat Bran Cereal
- You'll receive a series of emails over 2 weeks packed with tips to help you stick with it and, ultimately, feel “Better with Oat Bran!”
Remember to always consult your medical doctor before making a significant change in diet or exercise routine, or if you have any questions or concerns..
What exactly is Oat Bran?
"Bran" is the outer layer of a whole grain - it's where most of the fiber is located.
For decades we've milled oats to perfection to make our oat bran. It makes a delicious hot cereal, with a unique creamy texture and light wholesome flavor, and it's always been a customer favorite. It's also great for baking!
What's so special about Oat Bran?
Did you know that the benefits of Oat Bran have been studied for decades? Here are just some of the reasons you could feel Better with Oat Bran -
- Studies have shown that eating Oat Bran every day for as little as two weeks can help lower LDL (bad) cholesterol levels
- Oat Bran is an excellent source of fiber – and it delivers hard-to-find soluble fiber
- Just one serving of Oat Bran delivers up to 6g of fiber - most Americans only get half the recommended daily amount of fiber (Now 28g).
- Oat Bran can help you feel fuller longer, and is often recommended for weight management
Where can I find medical research studies on the benefits of Oat Bran?
Oat Bran, and the special soluble fiber it contains, called beta-glucan, has been the focus of many medical studies, including its effect on cholesterol, glucose and insulin sensitivity, and weight management.
Here are just a few studies - we encourage you to research more on your own!
- Whitehead, Anne. Cholesterol-lowering effects of oat β-glucan: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials1,2,3,4. Am J Clin Nutr December 2014; vol. 100 no. 6 1413-1421 Article
- Tiwari, Uma. Meta-analysis of the effect of β-glucan intake on blood cholesterol and glucose levels Nutrition .October 2011; Volume 27, Issue 10, Pages 1008–1016 Article
- Chen J, Raymond K. Beta-glucans in the treatment of diabetes and associated cardiovascular risks. Vascular Health and Risk Management. 2008;4(6):1265-1272. Article
What’s "one serving?"
Going by the nutrition panel, it's about 1/4 cup (40g) dry cereal, which makes about 1 cup cooked hot cereal.
One serving of any recipe included in the Better with Oat Bran 14-day Challenge ebook should get you pretty close!
What do I get if I sign up for the 14-day Challenge?
When you sign up for the Better with Oat Bran 14-day Challenge, you’ll receive via e-mail:
- A handy PDF e-book, filled with tips and recipes, plus an introduction to the studies on the health benefits of oat bran
- A coupon good for $1.50 off two boxes of Oat Bran Hot Cereal (you’ll need two boxes to eat a serving a day for two weeks.)
- You’ll also receive a series of emails over two weeks to help encourage and inspire you to stick to the challenge, including new recipes, resources, and more. (You won’t be signed up for any other emails, we promise.)
How do I know if Oat Bran is something that will help me?
As with any lifestyle change, you should talk with your doctor before making a significant dietary change or if you have questions or concerns.
You may want to also ask your doctor to help you track your cholesterol, blood pressure, weight, blood sugar, or other health metric. Keep in mind that cardiovascular and digestive issues are complex and depend on many factors; you may see results in as little as 2 weeks (as some studies suggest) or it may take 1-2 months or more.
We sincerely hope you feel great as you undertake the 14-day challenge, and that you get the results you're hoping for! That's why we created this resource.
I'm a health or nutrition professional. Do you have resources for me?
If you're a health or nutrition professional, we'd love to work with you!
Visit the page for our Nutrition Professional Outreach Program to get in touch and request a sample!
We also welcome your suggestions and input on how we can make this or other programs even better and to encourage healthy choices. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get you pointed in the right direction!