Spring is almost here - we are all bursting to get outside and spend less time indoors! Days are getting longer, and the siren song of spending a beautiful day in the backyard or at the park beckons. That also means we need quick, delicious, and healthy dishes to prepare for dinner when we return home . . . .
Hodgson Mill Quinoa and Brown Rice Sides are just the ticket – 100% whole grain, Certified Gluten Free, and Verified Non-GMO. So simple, it can be whipped up in twenty minutes start to finish. And there are five light, versatile flavors to choose from!
We thought we’d just show you how easy it is to make these wholesome sides:
· First, bring 1 ¾ cups water to a boil and stir in the contents of the package.
· Set a timer for 14-15 minutes and reduce the stove’s heat to simmer.
· Once the liquid is mostly absorbed, remove the pot from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
· When the five minutes are up, fluff with a fork and enjoy!
Enjoy as an easy and delicious side dish or use it spice up a recipe.
Here are some of our favorite suggestions:
· Add to soups and stews – especially chicken soup and chili!
· Make a satisfying ‘grain bowl’ by adding to fresh salads
· Replace refined rice anytime more whole grain nutrition – wraps, stir-fries & more
· As an easy complement to your favorite main dishes
Some favorite Quinoa & Brown Rice Side Recipes from the Hodgson Mill Blog:
Grilled Corn Salad with Quinoa & Brown Rice
Quinoa & Brown Rice Salad with Chicken, Peanuts, and Zesty Lime Dressing
Italian Quinoa & Rice Bake