- 1-1/2 cup Hodgson Mill Bulgur Wheat
- 3 cups water
- 7-1/2 Tbsp. brown sugar, 1 1/2 Tbsp per serving
- 1-1/2 cup walnuts, 2 Tbsp per serving
- 2-3 medium banana, 1/3 cup fresh banana slices per serving
- 2/3 cup Greek yogurt, 2 Tbsp yogurt mixture per serving
- 4 tsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- extra ground cinnamon, for sprinkling
In a medium-sized sauce pan, bring water and bulgur wheat to a boil. Turn heat down, cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed. Remove lid and set pot aside.
While bulgur is cooking, spread walnuts onto a baking sheet in a single layer and cook in a 350˚F oven for 8-10 minutes or until they’re lightly browned and smell toasted. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt, cinnamon and honey. Set aside.
To assemble, scoop a cup of the cooked bulgur wheat into a bowl, add the brown sugar and toasted walnuts and toss to combine. Add banana slices on top followed by a generous dollop (about 2 Tablespoons) of cinnamon-honey yogurt. Dust with additional cinnamon if desired.
Leftover bulgur wheat and cinnamon-honey yogurt can be kept refrigerated in separate airtight containers for one week. Leftover toasted walnuts can be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks.
Makes 5-6 servings
Print this Recipe