- 3/4 cup Hodgson Mill Gluten Free Quick Rolled Oats
- 3/4 cup puffed rice cereal
- 1/2 cup oat flour, (about 1 cup whole oats = 1/2 cup pulverized oat flour)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 Tbsp Hodgson Mill Milled Flax Seed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup coconut, shredded, sweetened or unsweetened
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, (try: honey-roasted sliced almonds)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp orange juice, fresh
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare an 8 or 9 inch baking dish foil and spray completely with non-stick cooking spray. Combine oats, puffed rice, oat flour, sugar, milled flax seed, salt, cinnamon, coconut, cherries, sliced almonds and chocolate chips in a large bowl until well mixed. Mix honey, butter and orange juice together in a small bowl. Pour honey-butter mixture over dry ingredients and toss together with a fork until everything is moistened. The mixture will be somewhat sticky, but still fairly dry. Press oat mixture into pan with fingers until firmly situated in pan. Tip: Spray fingers lightly with non-stick cooking spray to keep granola from sticking to fingers while pressing.
Bake granola in a preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove baked granola from oven and cool for 30 minutes, on a wire rack. Do not remove from baking dish. Refrigerate dish for at least one hour before slicing.
When granola is firm, remove from refrigerator lift granola out of pan using the foil. Peel back and discard aluminum foil and use a long, sharp knife to cut baked granola into 15 bars or the desired number of pieces.
Wrap individual bars in plastic wrap and store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks.
Makes approximately 15 granola bars
Print this Recipe