- 1 cup Hodgson Mill Wheat Germ with Cinnamon & Milled Flax Seed
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup coconut, shredded
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels, dry roasted
- 1 cup chopped nuts, e.g. slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups dried fruit, e.g. chopped dates
Preheat oven to 325ºF.
In a large mixing bowl, stir together wheat germ, rolled oats, coconut, sunflower seeds and nuts. In another bowl, mix together the oil, honey, vanilla and salt. Pour this mixture over the dry ingredients and thoroughly combine. Pour the mixture out onto a large parchment paper-lined, edged baking sheet ( a jelly roll pan works great) and bake at 325˚F for 25-30 minutes, stirring every 5-10 minutes. When the mixture is sufficiently toasted, remove it from the oven and stir in the dried fruit immediately. Allow the granola to cool on the baking sheet – about two hours.
Store the granola in a tightly covered container for up to two months.
Print this Recipe