- 5 cups Hodgson Mill Whole Wheat Spirals, 3/4 package uncooked
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, or grape tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt, coarse grain
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar, use white balsamic for a less assertive taste
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 small zucchini, sliced lengthwise into 1/3 in-thick slices
- 2 small yellow squash, sliced lengthwise into 1/3 in-thick slices
- 1 medium red onion, sliced into 1/3 in-thick slices
- 4 baby bell pepper, sliced in have and seeded
- 2/3 cup basil, fresh, chopped
- 1 cup Ricotta cheese, or feta cheese
Boil a large pot of water and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside. Dice tomatoes into bite-sized pieces and toss together with the garlic, balsamic vinegar, salt, olive oil and cooked pasta. Set aside.
Grill zucchini, onion, squash and peppers over a medium heated barbeque grill until crisp tender and starting to char and/or caramelize. When vegetables are cool enough to handle, dice into bite-sized pieces and toss together with pasta mixture. Add cheese and basil. Toss gently together. Serve warm or at room temp, or cold.
Print this Recipe