- 3/4 cup Hodgson Mill Whole Wheat Flour, or Hodgson Mill Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 3/4 cup Hodgson Mill All Purpose White Flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded, lightly packed
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners, or spray with nonstick spray..
In a medium sized bowl, mix flours, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together egg, oil, milk, lemon juice and vanilla. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in zucchini, chocolate chips and walnuts just until combined. Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake at 350˚F oven for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool for five minutes in pan and then remove muffins to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 12 muffins.
Print this Recipe