The cookie love starts when you bite into the nice, browned edges, then through a soft and chunky strata of oats, sunflower seeds, apple bits and the occasional raisin (all from Hodgson Mill Apples & More Muesli), and every once in a while, a chocolate chip surprise. Then, just when you think you’ve tasted all this cookie has to offer, the chai spices come up from behind. You can feel—as much as taste—the warm, golden flavor the chai provides, rounding out all of the flavors.
- Boil water and pour ¼ cup boiled water over 3 to 4 high-quality chai tea bags, creating a concentrate. Cover and steep for 10 minutes. Remove tea bags and add additional water until you have ¼ cup concentrate.
- In medium bowl, pour chai tea concentrate over Hodgson Mill Apples & More Muesli.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and spices.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth and fluffy. This may take a few minutes.
- Gradually add dry flour mixture to wet mixture, beating with mixer until smooth and thick.
- Fold in chocolate chips and the muesli-tea mixture.
- For best flavor, cover dough and place in refrigerator for a few hours or even overnight. You can also bake immediately, but flavor will be lighter.
- Preheat oven to 350˚ F with rack in the upper third of oven. Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper. Drop dough by heaping teaspoons, 3-inches apart (they spread, so give them some room).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let stand two minutes before removing from cookie sheet.
Note: You can also substitute 3 cups Hodgson Mill 50/50 flour. Store in sealed container placed in a cool location for up to one week. Recipe is easily halved. Dough can also be frozen for later baking.
Makes about 48 cookies.
Print this Recipe