- 1 1/4 lbs. zucchini, divided
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil, or canola oil
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups Ricotta cheese
- 1 8oz.pkg. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 9 sheets Hodgson Mill Organic Whole Wheat Lasagna with Milled flax Seed, cooked, rinsed, and drained
Finely dice ½ cup zucchini; set aside. Slice the remaining zucchini. In a large saucepan, sauté the sliced zucchini, onion, mushrooms and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, sugar, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 12 to 15 minutes.
In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, mozzarella, ricotta, cream cheese and grated Parmesan cheese. Spread 1 cup of the tomato sauce in a 13x9x2 inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Layer with three noodles, half of the cheese mixture and a third of the remaining sauce. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining noodles and sauce.
Cover and bake at 350°F for 35 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with diced zucchini and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
Print this Recipe