- 3/4 cup Hodgson Mill All Purpose White Flour
- 1/2 cup Hodgson Mill Brown Rice Flour
- 1/4 cup Hodgson Mill Buckwheat Flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup very ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, roughly chopped, plus extra for top
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate, finely chopped, plus extra for top
- 2 Tbsp. cacao nibs, plus extra for top
- flaky salt, for top
Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare 18 muffin cups with paper liners or grease.
In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, cream cheese and sugar with electric mixer until smooth, 3 minutes. Beat in eggs one at a time and mix in vanilla. Stir in mashed banana. Add flour mixture and stir until just combined. Fold in chopped chocolate, cacao nibs and toasted walnuts.
Fill muffin cups 3/4 full, and top each muffin with few pieces of toasted walnut, chopped chocolate and cacao nibs plus a sprinkle of flaky salt. Bake at 350°F for 16 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out mostly clean.
Allow muffins to cool in pan for five minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool at least 10 more minutes before eating.
Completely cooled muffins can be stored in an air tight container for up to 4 days.
You may substitute Hodgson Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour for the Hodgson Mill Naturally White Flour. Please keep in mind Hodgson Mill Brown Rice Flour and Buckwheat Flour are naturally gluten free products, but processed on shared equipment, so cannot be guaranteed 100% gluten free for those with a severe gluten intolerance or celiac disease.
Makes approximately 18 muffins
Print this Recipe