Think you’re too busy for a home-cooked meal? This flavorful dinner made with chicken, zucchini, sweet corn, tomatoes and feta, and whole grains is ready in 30 minutes.
- 1 can (14.5-oz) chicken broth
- 1 pkg Hodgson Mill Mediterranean Quinoa & Brown Rice
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini, sliced and quartered
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups frozen sweet corn
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2/3 cup feta cheese
- 1 1/4 cup cooked rotisserie chicken, diced
- 3 Tbsp. fresh basil, thinly sliced
Bring chicken broth to a boil in a medium sized saucepan and then add quinoa and brown rice mixture. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook until most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and sauté garlic for 30 seconds. Add zucchini, green onion and corn and sauté until the zucchini is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add the tomatoes, pine nuts, feta cheese and chicken. Stir gently until heated through. Remove from heat and stir in quinoa and brown rice. Drizzle lemon dressing into mixture and add basil and fold everything together. Serve warm (or chill and serve cold later.)
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- 2-1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest, grated
- 1/4 tsp salt
Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, zest and salt together in a small bowl.
Makes 4 to 6 servings
Print this Recipe