- 1 pkg Hodgson Mill Ultragrain® Penne with Quinoa
- 1/4 cup fruity olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper, flakes, or to taste
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1.5 oz. pepperoni, slices, cut into slivers
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta for 9 to 10 minutes or until al dente. While the pasta is cooking, combine the olive oil, garlic, crushed red pepper, tomatoes, oregano, salt, pepperoni and Parmesan cheese in a medium sized bowl. Set aside. Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and immediately put it back into the cooking pot along with the tomato mixture and toss. Add the fresh mozzarella cheese and basil to the pot and toss together until the ingredients have been thoroughly combined. Serve immediately.
Notes: Ultragrain Spaghetti with Quinoa can be substituted for the penne. I used red and yellow cherry tomatoes, but whatever color you have on hand will work or you can dice up large tomatoes to get the same amount.
Adapted from No-Cook Pasta Sauces, by Joie Warner
Print this Recipe