A satisfying quick, light meal - Hodgson Mill Garlic and Herb Quinoa & Brown Rice, rotisserie chicken, green onions, carrots, cilantro, dry-roasted peanuts and tossed together with a tangy lime dressing.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 package Hodgson Mill Quinoa & Brown Rice - Garlic and Herb
- 3 cups cooked rotisserie chicken, shredded into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded or diced
- 1/3 cup green onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup dry-roasted peanuts, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/2 tsp fresh lime zest
- 4 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
Bring the water to a boil in a medium pot and add the quinoa and brown rice. Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat and let stand, uncovered, for five minutes. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
Combine the chicken, carrots, green onions, 1/3 cup peanuts and two tablespoons of cilantro in a large bowl. Add the cooked quinoa and brown rice to the chicken mixture and toss to combine.
Whisk the lime zest and juice, oil and salt together in a small bowl. Drizzle the lime dressing over the chicken mixture and stir gently until all of the ingredients are evenly coated. Divide the salad onto individual plates and sprinkle each serving with additional peanuts and cilantro to taste. Leftover salad can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.
Makes 6 servings
Print this Recipe