- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup milk
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F. Spray two round cake pans or 9 X 13” pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine, eggs, milk, and vanilla in a blender or food processor and pulse until well combined. Add in cooked quinoa and cooled butter and pulse until completely pureed about 45 sec- 1 minute. In a large bowl sift together sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
3. Pour batter into baking dishes. Cook in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Spread icing over the top if desired.
*This recipe is incredible (does not taste like quinoa at all- just tastes like moist chocolate cake). HOWEVER, I did not alter it much at all from the source I took it from: http://www.makingthymeforhealth.com/2013/12/04/best-ever-chocolate-quinoa-cake-gluten-free/
Print this Recipe