- 2 tsp olive or vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 oz package mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup marinara sauce, prepared
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 large green bell peppers, halved and deseeded
- 1 cup dry Hodgson Mill Quinoa, prepared according to basic cooking directions
1. Preheat oven to 375˚F.
2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, mushrooms, and garlic; sauté until onions are translucent and mushrooms are browned, about 5-7 minutes.
3. Stir in marinara sauce and ½ cup cheddar cheese. Add quinoa to sauce and stir until combined.
4. Lay bell pepper halves cut side up on baking sheet. Divide quinoa mixture evenly among peppers, heaping if needed.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove and sprinkle remaining cheese on top of peppers. Continue baking until cheese is melted and peppers are tender, about 10-15 minutes.
Yield: 3 servings.
Print this Recipe