- 1/2 cup Hodgson Mill Pearled Sorghum, prepared according to directions
- 5 slices turkey bacon, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh or canned jalapenos, diced
1. Heat skillet over medium heat. Add turkey bacon and cook until browned.
2. In medium sized saucepan with lid combine prepared sorghum, onion, mustard, ketchup, maple syrup, brown sugar, lemon juice, jalapeños, and browned turkey bacon. Stir until mixture is well combined.
3. Cover and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until mixture is thickened slightly and onions are tender, about 25-30 minutes. Serve warm.
Yield: 4 side dish servings.
Print this Recipe