- 1 cup Hodgson Mill Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup Hodgson Mill All Purpose White Flour, or Hodgson Mill 50/50 flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, cold, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup sweet potatoes, cooked, mashed
- 1/2 cup whipping cream, cold
- 2 Tbsp. whipping cream
- 2 tsp. sugar
oven to 450°. Stir together first 5 ingredients and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon in a large
bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles small peas
and dough is crumbly. Freeze 5 minutes.
together sweet potatoes and 1/2 cup whipping cream. Add to flour mixture,
stirring until dry ingredients are moistened.
Dough out onto a lightly floured surface (mixture will be crumbly); knead 1
minute. Pat dough into a 3/4 -inch-thick circle. Cut dough with a well-floured
2-1/2 inch round cutter. Rerolling scraps as needed.
baking sheets with parchment paper; lightly grease paper with cooking spray.
Place biscuits 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Brush tops for
biscuits with the 2 Tbsp. of whipping cream.
together granulated sugar and remaining 1/4 tsp. cinnamon. Sprinkle dough rounds
with sugar mixture.
at 450° for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Yield: 10-12 biscuits
Print this Recipe