- 1 8 oz Hodgson Mill Gluten Free Brown Rice Angel Hair Pasta
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and quartered, or 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 lb ground beef, may substitute italian sausage
- 1 c diced tomato, undrained
- 1 c water, divided
- 1 c tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 c cheddar cheese, grated
In a 5 quart pan, cook onion, garlic and ground beef over medium heat until beef is browned; drain. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, 1/2 cup water, Italian seasoning and salt. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
While meat mixture is simmering, break angel hair strands into thirds. Place in oven proof casserole dish. Add the other 1/2 cup of water to dry pasta and stir, moistening all pieces. Add meat mixture and stir to combine.
Cover casserole with aluminum foil and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake for 5 more minutes.
Print this Recipe