- 1 32oz. chicken broth, divided
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Hodgson Mill All Purpose White Flour, for gluten free version use gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1-1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated and divided
- 4 cup broccoli florets, chopped into bite size pieces
- 3 cup cooked chicken, chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
Heat Oven to
400°F. Grease a 9x13 baking dish.
Prepare the Sorghum, Brown Rice and Quinoa Parmesan
as directed on package using 1 2/3 cup chicken broth in place of water.
large saucepan, melt the butter and add the garlic and onion. Cook, stirring
frequently, until the onions are translucent, add the flour and stir until it
starts to come together with the onion and butter. Slowly add 2 cups chicken
broth, whisking continuously to remove any lumps of flour. Cook, stirring
frequently, until the mixture coats the back of the spoon. Add the salt and
pepper and remove from heat. Add 1 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese and stir
until smooth. Add the broccoli to the mixture and stir to combine. Combine the
cooked sorghum blend and chicken, add to the broccoli and cheese sauce mixture.
Stir to combine. Pour into baking dish and sprinkle the top with shredded parmesan
and remaining cheddar cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes or until
hot and bubbly.
Makes 6-8 servings
Print this Recipe