- 1 5 oz. pkg. Hodgson Mill Sorghum, Quinoa & Brown Rice - Parmesan
- 4 oz. bacon, or turkey bacon
- 1/2 C cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 C green onions, or shallots, coarsely chopped
- 1 avocado, diced and tossed with lemon juice
- spring greens, or baby spinach
- salt and pepper, to taste
- shredded cheddar cheese, or feta cheese for topping
- Dressing, (see options below)
Prepare Sorghum, Quinoa & Brown Rice Parmesan side according to directions. While sorghum is cooking, cook bacon until crisp. Transfer to plate lined with paper towels, cool and break into 1/2" pieces.
Combine ingredients for dressing in a jar with lid. Shake to mix and set aside.
Slice cherry tomatoes in half and set aside. Peel avocado, dice and toss with lemon juice to prevent browning.
Prepare bowls by putting lettuce down first. Add cooked sorghum side, bacon, avocado, green onion, and tomato as desired. Add cheese, salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle dressing over bowl and serve.
Tangy Lemon Balsamic Dressing
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp. olive oil
"Green Goddess" Style Dressing
1 ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
1/3 cup chopped shallot/green onion
3 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 Tbsp. white vinegar
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
black pepper, to taste
Print this Recipe