- 1 package Hodgson Mill Sorghum, Quinoa & Brown Rice - Pesto Herb
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup red onion, cut into bite-size wedges
- 1 sweet bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup zucchini, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
- squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil.
Bring water or broth to a boil in a medium saucean and then add the sorghum mix. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes or until most all of the liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat off the heat and let sit covered 5 minutes with the lid on. Stir and set aside.
Arrange vegetables in a single layer on prepared baking sheet Set aside. In a small bowl, whisk olive oil and garlic together and drizzle over vegetables. Gently toss until evenly coated. Roast in a 400°F oven for 18 to 20 minutes.
Fold roasted vegetables into cooked grains. Add lemon zest and juice, stirring to combine. Garnish with chopped, fresh parsley if desired. Serve immediately.
Notes: Grilled or roasted chicken can be added to make this recipe a main dish.
Print this Recipe