- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. orange zest
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup Hodgson Mill Gluten Free Almond Flour/Meal
- 1 cup Hodgson Mill White Whole Wheat Flour, plus 1/3 cup for Streusel Topping
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Prepare a 10-inch ovenproof skillet or baking dish with nonstick spray or butter.
in a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, vanilla, and orange zest. Add baking powder and salt, mixing well. Add flour and mix until just combined. Add buttermilk and mix until smooth. Spread batter in prepared baking dish. Spread strawberries evenly on top of the batter. In a small bowl, make streusel topping by cutting together flour, sugar, cinnamon and butter until mixture consists of pea-sized crumbs. Sprinkle evenly over strawberry layer.
Bake in a 350°F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean. Cool for 5 minutes before serving, then serve warm. Great with ice cream, frozen yogurt, whipped cream or vanilla yogurt.
Makes about 6 servings
Print this Recipe