- 1 package Hodgson Mill Gluten Free Pearled Sorghum
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh mango, diced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. lime zest
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 3 1/2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup smoked almonds, chopped
In a medium saucepan, combine sorghum and water. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until liquid has been absorbed and the sorghum is tender, about 40 to 45 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool completely. The grains can be made up to a day in advance and refrigerated in an airtight container until needed.
In a large bowl, toss cooked sorghum grain, blueberries, mango, feta cheese and green onion in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk lime juice, zest, honey, oil, mustard and salt until well blended. Pour dressing over the sorghum mixture and gently toss together. Serve salad immediately or store in an airtight container for up to three days. Sprinkle smoked chopped almonds over each serving if desired.
Print this Recipe