- 1 8oz. pkg Hodgson Mill Gluten Free Brown Rice Elbows with Golden Milled Flax Seed
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 onion onion, medium, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 zucchini, small, thinly sliced half rounds
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 14-1/2 oz can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 16oz. cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup Romano cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8x8-inch ovenproof baking dish.
Prepare pasta according to package directions,
drain, set aside. Heat oil in a large skillet; add onion, garlic, zucchini and bell
peppers, and sauté over medium heat until tender. Add black pepper, oregano and stewed
tomatoes. Cover, reduce heat and simmer
5 minutes. Uncover and cook an
additional 2 to 3 minutes to reduce liquid.
Transfer half of tomato sauce to prepared dish. Top with half of cooked pasta and half of
cottage cheese. Repeat layers and top
with Romano cheese.
Bake 25-30 minutes until heated through.
Print this Recipe