- 1 8oz. pkg. Hodgson Mill Pearled Sorghum
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut in bite size pieces
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cubed
- 1 8 oz. pkg. baby spinach
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated
In a medium size saucepan combine sorghum and1-1/2 cups
broth. Bring to boil. Simmer 50 minutes.
About 10 minutes before sorghum is done start the
Heat dressing in a large, deep skillet on medium-high
heat. Add chicken: cook until chicken is browned and no pink remains. Add
remaining broth to chicken and stir. Add cooked sorghum and cream cheese cook
2-3 minutes until cheese is melted, stirring frequently. Add spinach, cover pan
and cook 1 minute until spinach is wilted. Stir gently to mix spinach in.
Remove from heat and let stand covered for 5 minutes. Top with chopped tomatoes
and parmesan cheese.
Variation: Layer chicken, Italian dressing, sorghum, 2 cups chicken broth,
cream cheese, spinach in this order in a crockpot. Cook on high for 2-1/2
hours. Stir every 30 minutes to incorporate cheese throughout. Top with chopped tomatoes and parmesan cheese
Print this Recipe