Make any meal special with this decadent dish.
Using the Parmesan flavored, whole grain, sorghum, quinoa, brown rice, side dish from Hodgson Mill makes this recipe a healthier version too!
- 1 5oz. pkg. Hodgson Mill Sorghum, Quinoa & Brown Rice - Parmesan
- 1-2/3 cup vegetable broth
- 1 lb. Large Mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed. Reserve 1 tsp of finely chopped stems
- 1 slice bacon, finely chopped (can omit for vegetarian option)
- 1 tsp. garlic, finely chopped or garlic powder
- 1/4 cup parmesan, shredded
- 1/3 cup chicken broth, or dry white cooking wine (use vegetable broth for vegetarian option)
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400° F. Cook parmesan side dish as
directed using 1-2/3 cup vegetable broth. Set aside. Sauté bacon pieces until
lightly browned. Remove from pan, set aside, reserve bacon grease. Sauté
mushroom stems and garlic in reserved bacon grease, until garlic is fragrant
about 2-4 minutes. Add 1/2 cup of prepared parmesan side dish and bacon. Stir
until well combined. Remove from heat. Allow mixture to cool slightly. Stuff
the cavity of each mushroom with parmesan, bacon, and garlic mixture. Arrange
stuffed mushrooms in a baking dish. Sprinkle each mushroom with shredded
parmesan cheese. Stream 1/3 cup chicken broth /wine in bottom of the baking dish.
Bake for 15 minutes.
*Leftover sorghum parmesan side makes a great
addition to any meal.
10-12 stuffed mushrooms depending on mushroom size
Print this Recipe