- 1 pkg (5oz.) Hodgson Mill Ancient Grain Medley - Butter and Chive
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb. asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 cups shrimp, deveined, tails removed, cooked
- 1/4 cup almonds, slivered
- 2 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and divided
- 1/2 tsp. salt, divided
Prepare ancient grain medley butter & chive according to directions, using chicken broth.
In a large skillet, toast almonds until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Place toasted almonds aside, in a bowl.
Heat same skillet to medium heat, melt 1 Tbsp. butter. Add half of garlic, stir for 10 seconds, add asparagus, and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp. salt. Stir and cover. Cook for 5 minutes; transfer asparagus, garlic mixture to bowl with toasted nuts.
Return skillet to medium high heat and melt 1 Tbsp. butter. Add shrimp, sprinkle with 1/4 tsp. salt and cook until heated through, and season with black pepper if desired.
Add asparagus, nuts and grain medley to skillet. Stir gently and serve hot.
Print this Recipe