- 1 pkg. (5oz) Hodgson Mill Ancient Grain Medley - Roasted Garlic Peppercorn
- 1-1/2 cups water, or chicken broth
- 1 clove garlic cloves, smashed but left whole
- 1 cup chicken breast, bite size pieces, cooked can substitute chickpeas
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup Kalamata or black olived, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chives, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1-1/2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
Combine the Grain medley, chicken broth and garlic and bring to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until the grain is tender and the water has been absorbed, approximately 15 minutes. Discard the garlic clove and put the grain blend into a large bowl. Gently stir the chicken or chickpeas, onion, bell pepper, olives, feta cheese*, parsley, chives,and salt into the grain blend. Drizzle with the lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil. Stir until evenly mixed. Serve warm or refrigerate and serve cold.
*Feta cheese can be reserved as a topping for the completed salad.
Salad may also be served on a bed of lettuce.
Print this Recipe