- 2 pkg (5oz. each) Hodgson Mill Ancient Grain Medley-Rosemary & Olive Oil
- 3-1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tsp. orange peel, dried, or orange zest
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. shallots, finely,chopped
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Prepare ancient grain medley according to package directions using 3 cups chicken broth.
Mix cranberries, orange peel, and 1/2 cup chicken broth in a medium bowl and microwave for 2 minutes on high. Set aside.
In a large saucepan, melt butter and sauté celery, shallot and poultry season, sauté about three minutes. Stir in cranberry mixture, grain medley, pecans, parsley and cook for about three minutes over medium heat to incorporate the flavors. Remove when liquid is absorbed. Serve.
*If using fresh zest, stir in during the last 3 minutes of cooking for a brighter flavor.
Print this Recipe