- 1 Tbsp. canola oil, or olive oil
- 6 oz. smoked sausage, halved lengthwise and sliced into 1/4 in pieces
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced- optional
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 8 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 pkg. (5oz) Hodgson Mill Ancient Grain Medley - Roasted Garlic Peppercorn
- 3 cups chicken broth, or vegetable broth
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, (about 30) peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1/2 cup scallions, thinly sliced for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large skillet, heat oil and add sausage, turning until browned on all sides, about 4-6 minutes.
Add onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally until onion begins to soften,about 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in paprika; cook about 1 minute.
Add tomatoes, garlic peppercorn grain blend and 3 cups of chicken or veggie broth to skillet; cover and simmer over medium heat until grain is cooked and has absorbed all the liquid, about 15 minutes.
Add shrimp to skillet and cook, covered, until shrimp are opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes.
Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper if desired. Garnish with scallions and serve hot.
Print this Recipe