- 1 pkg.(5oz.) Hodgson Mill Ancient Grain Medley - Roasted Garlic Peppercorn
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 medium chicken breast, diced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 pkg. (10oz.) Frozen Green Beans
- 2 Tbsp. slivered almonds
- 1 can (8oz.) water chestnuts, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup butter, or oil
- 1/2-1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper, optional
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
Cook ancient grain medley according to package directions, using 1-1/2 cup chicken broth for the liquid.
Heat green beans according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a large non-stick pan, sauté diced chicken and onion, in olive oil until chicken is done and onions become translucent, add almonds and teriyaki sauce. Add small amount of water if needed. When liquid begins to absorb, mix in green beans, water chestnuts and butter.
Stir in grain medley, ginger, garlic and cayenne pepper. Simmer for 2 minutes to let flavors blend.
VARIATIONS: For additional vegetables, add 1/2 cup cooked carrots or red bell pepper.
Print this Recipe