- 2 cups Hodgson Mill Oat Bran Cereal
- 2/3 cup Hodgson Mill Almond Flour/Meal, or chopped nuts,sunflower, or pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt, optional
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup, or honey
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, or coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen,divided *
- 2 tsp. raw sugar, optional
Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 9-inch square baking
dish. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together oats, almond meal or nuts,
cinnamon, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
In a medium bowl, beat eggs until light. Whisk in milk,
maple syrup or honey, melted butter/oil, and vanilla until well blended. Stir
into dry ingredients.
Set aside 1/2 cup of berries for topping. Arrange 1-1/2
cups berries evenly in bottom of prepared baking dish (no need to defrost if
frozen). Spread oat bran mixture evenly over blueberries. Scatter remaining 1/2
cup berries over top. Sprinkle raw sugar on top if desired for extra sweetness
Bake 40-45 minutes, until top is lightly golden and oats
are mostly set. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes. Frozen fruit
may need additional time.
Serve warm with yogurt or whipped cream, maple syrup or
honey, or additional fresh fruit. Leftovers can be refrigerated 3-4 days and
warmed in microwave or low oven.
You may also cut into individual portions, freeze, and
reheat to serve.
* Or 2 cups of your favorite fruit, chopped into 1/2-inch
pieces. Try blackberries, apples, mangos or peaches!
Print this Recipe