- 2 cups Hodgson Mill Veggie Rotini Spirals, dry
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced into very thin half rounds
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 3/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 can(14-1/2 oz) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 container (16oz) cottage cheese, low fat
- 1/2 cup Romano cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a 2 quart oven proof
Prepare pasta according to package directions, drain.
While pasta is cooking heat oil in a large skillet. Add onion, garlic, zucchini
and bell peppers and sauté over medium heat until tender crisp. Add black
pepper, oregano, and stewed tomatoes. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
Uncover and cook and additional 2-3 minutes to reduce liquid. Transfer half the
tomato sauce to prepared dish. Top with half of the cooked pasta and half the
cottage cheese. Repeat layers and top with Romano cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until heated through.
Print this Recipe