- 1 1/2 cups Hodgson Mill White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup pumpkin, canned
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts, optional
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed; for streusel topping
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, for streusel topping
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, for streusel topping
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts, finely; for steusel topping
Preheat over to 400°F. Lightly grease muffin cups or use paper liners.
In a small bowl, prepare streusel topping: blending together brown sugar, cinnamon and butter. Stir in nuts and set aside.
In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients together. In a smaller bowl, combine pumpkin, oil, milk and egg beating until well blended. Stir into dry ingredients until just moistened and fold in nuts.
Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and top each muffin with a tablespoon of Streusel Topping. Bake at 400°F for 18-20 minutes or until done. Yields: 12 muffins
For mini-muffins divide batter into mini-muffin pans and sprinkle with streusel topping. Bake at 400°F for 12 minutes or until done. Yields: 48 mini- muffins.
Serves 48 mini muffins
1 g dietary fiber;
7 g carbohydrates;
1 g protein;
4 g fat (0 g saturated fat);
5 mg cholesterol;
47 mg sodium.
Print this Recipe