- 1 Tbsp. olive oil, or vegetable oil
- 1 cup (4oz.) canadian bacon, julienned
- 1 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, large, minced
- 3-1/4 cups (28oz.can) whole tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 3 cups (1/2pkg.) Hodgson Mill Whole Wheat Spirals
- Parmesan cheese, grated, optional
In medium saucepan, heat oil and sauté bacon (you
may substitute ham), onion and garlic until onion is tender, but not brown.
Blend in tomatoes, wine, and pepper.
Reduce heat and simmer 40 minutes,
stirring occasionally. Stir in broccoli and continue cooking 5 minutes, or
until broccoli is tender. Meanwhile, cook spirals according to package
Serve sauce over hot cooked spirals, sprinkle with parmesan
cheese if desired.
Print this Recipe