- 1 pkg. 12oz. Hodgson Mill Organic Whole Wheat Angel Hair Pasta
- 2 cups basil, fresh, lightly packed
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, fresh ground, to taste
- 2 cups orange bell pepper, or yellow, chopped
- 2 chicken breast, baked or grilled, thinly sliced
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and
keep covered and warm.
Meanwhile, combine basil leaves, pine nuts, olive oil,
parmesan and garlic in a food processor or blender; process until smooth. Stir
in salt and pepper. Toss pesto and chopped peppers with pasta until well
combined. Top with sliced chicken; serve warm.
Variations: In place of basil, try fresh parsley,
spinach, or broccoli florets. In place of pine nuts, try walnuts or pecans. Or,
use 1/3 cup prepared pesto for a quicker meal!
Print this Recipe