- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. shallots, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 2 cans (14oz.ea) fire-roasted tomatoes
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup Hodgson Mill Quinoa, uncooked
- 1 can (15oz) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained & rinsed
- lime, juice of one lime
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
In a large pot, heat oil over medium high heat, add
shallot and jalapeno and sauté for 5 minutes.
Add tomatoes, chicken broth, chili powder, cumin, salt,
lime juice, quinoa, corn and black beans.
Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for
Add shredded chicken and heat through.
VARIATION: Hodgson Mill Buckwheat Groats may be substituted for the quinoa in
the recipe if a heartier grain is desired.
SERVING TIP: Top each serving with shredded cheese and
a dollop of sour cream for a nice finish and flavor.
Serve with tortilla chips.
Print this Recipe