- 2 medium zucchini, ends removed and sliced into 1/2 inch, lengthwise slices
- 1 lb asparagus, woody ends snapped off
- 1 small red onion, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 sweet bell peppers, (red, yellow or orange) tops cut off, halved and cored
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 box Hodgson Mill Whole Wheat Couscous with Milled Flax Seed and Soy
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest, minced
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice, fresh
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup parsley, fresh, minced
For Couscous: Drizzle the zucchini, asparagus, onion and peppers with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill over a medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes per side or until crisp tender. Remove from grill and set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and olive oil. Add tomatoes, scallions and parsley to the bowl with the lemon/olive oil mixture. Do not mix. Set aside. In a medium saucepan, bring the water and butter to a boil. Stir in couscous and lemon zest, cover pan and remove from heat. Let stand for five minutes and fluff with a fork or large spoon. Add cooked couscous to large bowl with tomatoes, scallions, parsley and lemon/olive oil mixture. Do not mix. Chop grilled vegetables into bit-sized pieces and add to bowl with couscous. Toss all ingredients in large bowl together until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer couscous mixture into a large serving bowl and sprinkle with goat cheese. Serve hot or at room temperature. This dish can be made the day before, refrigerated overnight and served chilled if desired. Makes approximately 9-10 cups.
For Lemon-Butter Chicken: Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Grill over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes each side or until cooked through. Remove from grill and set aside. Combine melted butter, lemon zest, lemon juice and parsley in a small bowl. Brush butter mixture on chicken while chicken is still hot. Serve remaining sauce on the side.
Adapted from Cuisine at Home Magazine
Makes 4 servings.
Print this Recipe