This dish is simple, full of fresh, quality ingredients, quick to put together and delicious. It’s made even healthier by using Hodgson Mill Whole Wheat Penne, which is 100% whole wheat and 100% natural.
- 3 small skinless, boneless chicken breasts, grilled and diced
- 9 oz Hodgson Mill Whole Wheat Penne
- 2 cups tomato Pasta Sauce
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup Romano cheese, finely grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 24 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, sliced into thin ribbons
Preheat oven to 375ºF. Grease a 9- or 10-inch baking pan.
Cook pasta in a large pot of salted, boiling water for 7 minutes or until almost al dente. Drain and set aside. In a medium saucepan, combine tomato pasta sauce, heavy cream, Romano cheese, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until cheese melts and mixture is creamy, about 4 minutes. Set aside. Return drained pasta to cooking pot. Add chicken, tomatoes, half of the mozzarella and 3/4 of the basil ribbons. Add tomato cheese sauce to pot and stir until everything is evenly coated. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and top with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is golden. Serve warm with remaining basil sprinkled on top.
Makes about 6-8 servings
Print this Recipe