Sweet bell pepper, lemon, fresh herbs, feta cheese and Hodgson Mill Whole Wheat Bow Tie Pasta salad makes a quick, flavorful summer side!
- 3 cups Hodgson Mill Whole Wheat Bow Ties
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups bell pepper, large diced
- 1 1/2 cup red onion, large diced
- 5 cups spinach, fresh, baby spinach leaves
- 3/4 cup wine, white
- 3 Tbsp parsley, chopped fresh, italian parsley
- 3 Tbsp oregano, chopped, fresh
- 1 Tbsp thyme, fresh lemon or fresh regular thyme
- 1 small lemon lemon zest, grated
- 1 small lemon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, cover, and keep warm.
In a large skillet, heat olive oil and sauté peppers and onion until crisp tender. Add wine and allow the mixture to simmer until almost completely evaporated. Add spinach, peppers and onion and stir until spinach is just wilted. Remove from heat. Stir in pasta, herbs, lemon juice, lemon zest and feta cheese. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Print this Recipe