Facebook Giveaway Terms & Conditions
How to enter:
Read and follow instructions on how to enter giveaways held on Hodgson Mill's Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/hodgsonmill. End date will be included in giveaway posts by page, as well as specific prize details.
You must be 13+ to enter & a Facebook userp
Open to residents of United States & Canada.
Winners will be chosen at random from all valid entries.
The winners will be announced by being tagged in the comments section of giveaway post(s) or sent a direct message via Facebook within twenty four (24) hours of the Closing Date. The winner will then have to either send a direct message to the Hodgson Mill Facebook page or email the given address to acknowledge their win. The winners must also reply to the message response within 12 hours of receipt with a postal address to send their prize to. If no response is received by Hodgson Mill Facebook page before this time then the prize shall be forfeit and Hodgson Mill reserves the right to award the prize to a substitute winner. Hodgson Mill shall have no liability in respect of the entry initially selected. Hodgson Mill'sdecision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The winner shall receive their prize within 28 working days of winner announcement.
General Terms & Conditions
The Promoter is Hodgson Mill Inc, 1100 Stevens Ave. Effingham IL 62401. If you have any questions please contact Customer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Hodgson Mill Facebook Promotion, Hodgson Mill Inc, 1100 Stevens Ave. Effingham IL 62401.
By participating you agree to the requirements set out in all promotional materials and the following General Terms and Conditions.
a. Not open to employees (or their immediate families) of Hodgson Mill, its agencies or anyone else professionally associated with this competition.
b. Maximum one entry per person unless otherwise stated. Entries via agents or third parties or use of multiple identities and email addresses are not permitted. Use of automated entries or programs is prohibited and all such entries will be disqualified.
c. Only online entries will be accepted. Delivery addresses must be supplied by the Facebook messaging service or by email.
- Winner Selection.
a. For prize draws, winner(s) will be selected in a random draw to take place within 24 hours of the closing date from all correct/valid entries received. (Where we ask you to tag a friend in the comments section, we treat this as a prize draw).
b. For competitions based on skill, winners will be selected by a judge or panel of judges based on the judging criteria set out above.
c. For competitions where you submit original content to be judged:
i. Hodgson Mill will moderate all entries and reserves the right not to accept entries which are technically unacceptable, contain inappropriate material or breach any of these terms and conditions. Hodgson MIll reserves the right to choose a short-list of entries and publish these finalists on the competition website. Publication of any entry does not mean that you have won.
ii. Competition entries and/or shortlisted entries will be reviewed by a panel of judges and a winner for each available prize will be selected according to the judging criteria set out on the competition entry page. The judges shall have the sole and absolute discretion to decide on the award of each prize.
iii. By entering any competition you (and your parent or guardian if you are under 18) confirm (i) that you and they are the owner of the entry submitted, (ii) the entry does not knowingly copy or infringe the rights of any other person and (iii) Hodgson Mill is permitted to reproduce and use the entry submitted by you on any media (including without limitation TV, online and publishing channels) anywhere in the world and without a time limit in order to carry out the competition and select winners (which may include publishing your personal information and your entry for a public vote to select finalists or the winner and any runners-up) and for any and all related promotional purposes to promote the competition and to promote Hodgson Mill.
- Hodgson Mill’s Liability.
a. For online entries: Hodgson Mill cannot guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to its Facebook pages and is not responsible for any disruption to the competition or Facebook due to technical problems or otherwise due to events outside of its reasonable control.
b. Hodgson Mill has arranged this competition in good faith but, to the fullest extent allowed by law, accepts no responsibility for loss or damages as a result of anyone participating in the competition or any aspect of any prize awarded. Your legal rights as a consumer are not affected.
- Facebook’s Liability
a. This promotion is not sponsored, endorsed, administered or associated with Facebook.
b. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this promotion will be directed to Hodgson Mill. By entering this promotion and/or accepting any prize you may win, you agree to release, indemnify, and hold harmless Facebook from any claims arising from the administration of this promotion. Any liability incurred by Facebook shall be governed by, and limited to, the applicable provisions of the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities.
- Prize Confirmation & Acceptance. If we require a response from any winner before awarding any prize and no response is received after we have made reasonable efforts to make contact and within a reasonable period of time, or a winner declines to accept the prize, Hodgson Mill reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and award the prize to a substitute winner chosen at the same time as the first name(s) are selected or judged to be a winner. Any prize which is returned or cannot be delivered will be used for another competition or given to charity. Hodgson Mill has no responsibility to anyone who has not responded.
- Prize Fulfillment. No cash or other alternative prizes are available, except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control Hodgson Mill reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value. Prizes cannot be transferred or sold by winners unless a parent/guardian or grandparent is entering the competition on behalf of a child or family member. Unless otherwise stated in the prize description, winners are solely responsible for all additional costs and expenses associated with claiming the prize. Hodgson Mill reserves the right to ask winners to sign a written release before awarding any prize. Hodgson Mill reserves the right to request proof of identity or to verify eligibility conditions and to award any prize to the winner in person.
- Cancellation or Disqualification.
a. Hodgson Mill reserves the right to disqualify late, misdirected, incomplete, corrupted, lost, illegible or invalid entries.
b. Hodgson Mill reserves the right to modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the competition or extend or resume the entry period or disqualify any participant at any time without giving advance notice and will do so if it cannot be guaranteed that the competition can be carried out fairly or correctly for technical, legal or other reasons or if Hodgson Mill suspects that any person has been manipulating entries or the results, or has provided false information or has acted unethically in any other way.
- Email safety. In the event that Hodgson Mill wishes to contact you in connection with your entry we will do so via an email ending in 'HodgsonMill.com' or by phone with a follow up e-mail. Any email which appears to come from Hodgson Mill but using a different ending (e.g. hotmail.com, yahoo.com etc) should be treated with suspicion and forwarded to Customer Services. DO NOT respond or act on any e-mail if you are not sure that it comes from Hodgson Mill. If you are in any doubt please contact Customer Service.
- Publicity. Winners may be required to participate in reasonable related publicity without further payment or permission. You agree that Hodgson Mill may publish first name, surname initial, age and/or town/city.
- Winners' details. For information regarding the name of the winner (and, if applicable, their winning entries) send a stamped and addressed envelope to the Customer Services address set out above quoting “Winners List” and the name of the competition.
- No purchase necessary.
- Hodgson Mill's decision to select any winner is final and we reserve the right not to correspond on any matter.
- The laws of the United States apply and any disputes will be dealt with in US courts only.