Join the Hodgson Mill Team
Here are our current open positions. We would love to talk to you about your future at Hodgson Mill!
Applications for jobs at our manufacturing plant are accepted on a rolling basis.
We offer competitive pay and a generous benefits package including vacation, personal time, and health insurance after 90 days.
- Our Manufacturing Facility is State of the Art and training will be provided.
- We maintain three work shifts.
- Extra shifts or overtime may be available. During our busy season (Sept-Feb) it may be required.
- Long periods of standing, repetitive motions, or occasional heavy lifting may be required depending on the position.
- All production employees are required to abide by strict Food Safety guidelines, including:
- no jewelry on production floor
- issued uniform, hairnets and beardnets required on the production floor
- follow best practices for dedicated allergen-free areas
-our entire production facility is peanut-free, including vending machines
To apply, please download the Hodgson Mill application, or pick up from our main production facility 1100 Stevens Ave, Effingham IL.
Complete the form and return in one of the following ways:
- Scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drop off at main production facility, 1100 Stevens Ave, Effingham, IL62401.
- Mail to Hodgson Mill, Inc. Attn: Jobs (Position applying for) 1100 Stevens Ave, Effingham, IL 62401
Thank you for your interest in joining our production team!
Part Time Retail Team Member for Hodgson Mill Mercantile
Location: 1001 Ford Ave, Effingham IL
Reports to: Retail Coordinator/Manager
FLSA Class: Non-Exempt
Date: June 1, 2017
As a primary contact for the Hodgson Mill Mercantile, Store Personnel provide friendly, courteous, and helpful customer service on a daily basis to provide a positive shopping experience. The Store Personnel are also responsible for daily operations in the store. Available flexible hours including Saturday and limited evening hours.
The Mercantile's regular hours are 9-5 Mon-Fri and 9-3 Saturday. Additional hours may be needed for private classes or events.
Responsibilities (not limited to):
1. Customer Interaction to be top priority. Able to positively acknowledge and interact with all customers. Share product knowledge and address any questions that might arise or share questions with others who might be able to address the need. Assist the customers with carry out if needed.
2. Sampling of food products daily. Ability to follow directions, safety and sanitation aspects in dealing with recipes. This includes tolerance of the ingredients of Hodgson Mill products.
3. Cash handling abilities to include customer purchases, freight processing and inventory control. Daily accuracy and adherence to company security and cash control procedures.
4. Freight processing of daily shipments. Stock handling of products in an organized manner. Rotation of products via the date code.
5. Presentation of products to promote sales. Ensure that shelves are kept stocked, clean and maintained daily.
6. Sanitation standards maintained to company guidelines of organization and cleanliness. Daily maintenance of the store including the restrooms.
7. Ensure that compliance with all federal, state, local agency, company policies and procedures are properly followed, including, security, safety, food handling and sanitation, weights and measures, refrigeration, wage and hour, etc.
1. High school diploma preferred.
2. Ability to climb an eight foot ladder.
3. Must be able to frequently lift 50 pounds.
4. Excellent oral, written, telephone and people skills.
5. Ability to learn and retain product specific information.
To apply, Please download the application, or pick one up at The Mercantile (1001 Ford Ave Effingham, Il 62401.)
Fill out and return in one of the following ways: